Thursday, May 14, 2020

Business owners are resilient

As a software consultancy owner, the state of digital transformation projects was scary at first going into the pandemic. I had a doubt that clients would pull back on their budgets or cancel the projects altogether. I had no idea what to expect. Thanks to my mentors who always pushed me to keep a runway, fortunately, survival was not in question. But would I be able to grow my business or scale it down?

Since the time it all started, we lost a few clients, and we found new ones too. Every week since then we've been talking to more and more digital transformation leaders eager to take advantage of this time to grow their business. We're talking to new potential clients almost every day. We're hiring developers and looking at possibly hiring another project manager and a product designer.

If there's anything I learned over the past two months, it's that business owners are resilient. They'll do anything to turn any situation into an opportunity for growth.

We're now well into May and busier than ever. I think the initial fear of COVID-19 and its impact on our business has decreased a bit and we've found a new normal of sorts and are now able to focus on recovery and growth. It's not over yet, but I certainly feel more confident than I did two months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment